Monday, March 13, 2017

A treasured letter about my book 'Hatched'


HATCHED is one of the most energetic, generous-hearted, sharp-minded and inspiring books of poems I’ve read for quite a while. No matter what page you open the book I find love of life, an appreciation of life, a vibrant sense of privilege and gratitude...”

From letter by Poet Brendan Kennelly

(... for today a post I had in my 'draft' folder.  I hope to get back to writing later today, or tomorrow morning, after I feel some bit more human after the hospital-birthday gift...)

This is one of those treasured letters I have received about my work.

For years I had been encouraged by librarian Evelyn Cody to write a book about my life with ME. 
I did. 
Hatched was published in 2006.
Evelyn posted a copy to Irish Poet Brendan Kennelly.
This is what she received back.

Brendan has given me permission to use the beautiful words in this letter for the promotion of my book. 
Here it is in full for the first time.
Also in this post, the video that was made about the making of Hatched








Further reading and links

  • A few copies of Hatched left, contact me if you would like to buy it €20 
  •  Also available as digital download HATCHED Re-Hatched E-Book €3.99

No comments: