Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Be brave

... even when you are vulnerable


A few of my readers responded through private messages about the post I wrote about my garden - which had the unexpected interlude of exploring the word brave. ...  face up with an open heart to the experience of illness.


" ...I spend half my time wondering am I better off resting than doing activities that cause pain/distress but your article really helped me to get my head around being brave and encourages me to continue to be brave."

That brought me to a handmade book I made back in 2010, after a very challenging period with the illness. In short- it is a 36 page book with my bird photographs taking in my garden. And in a strange way, these very birds shared their wisdom with me.

As I wrote about this book, which I made for myself, I got so much interest that I made a limited edition- and beyond that it was printed as a tiny little book (10cm square) small, so the reader can bring the wisdom of the birds in their pocket. See links about the progress from handmade to printed book at bottom of the page

These are the first four pages:


page from flying on Little Wings by Corina Duyn with quote: Be brave
page from flying on Little Wings
page from flying on Little Wings by Corina Duyn with photograph of young Song trush
page from flying on Little Wings
page from flying on Little Wings by Corina Duyn with quote: ...even when you are vulnerable
page from flying on Little Wings
page from flying on Little Wings by Corina Duyn with photograph of young bluetit
page from flying on Little Wings
 
















Further reading and links


  • The first thoughts about Flying on Little Wings Handmade book
  • Images of the handmade book
  • Cloning: from handmade book to printed book
  • Articles about the launch- including full page from Irish Examiner
  • Buy the printed version  - no longer available but can be read for free on my website 


  • No comments: