As illness/ability are changing I have decided to make my PUPPET MAKING COURSE * free to access, although donations at your discretion to help me fund my long term care needs are greatly appreciated. (See Donate button at bottom of My Website page).
I feel it is time to have less of a responsibility towards my creative work. See also a summary in the previous post. “23 year long creative history of living with M.E.”
*This course material was created by Corina Duyn and draws on four decades of experience. It is for your personal use only. Please do not share this course content […]; Having followed this course does not mean you can teach this course using my material. […] Thank you for your understanding. For licensed use in universities/ colleges/organisations, PDF’s can be requested for printing purposes. Please contact me.
When I have the support to do so I also endeavour to publish my three remaining books for free on ISSUU. So, Stay tuned here on my blog for updates.
Following is a slightly edited ‘Welcome’ Document I used to email to new students. It contains all the needed information to create your own doll or puppet. PLEASE See webpage for a short summary of the course. For links to more of my work in puppetry see: Puppetry webpage, or explore the many articles and images on this blog.
Thank you for registering for the Puppet Making Course created by © Corina Duyn.
The course consists of written and photographic instructions which can be viewed on ISSUU, as well as tutorial videos on Youtube.
The links for all the course material are provided in this document (page), so please keep this safe.
If direct links to ISSUU do not work, please copy and paste the URL link, and preferably open in Google Chrome.
I hope you will enjoy embarking on this creative adventure.
When your puppet is complete, I love to see images of it.
With every best creative wish
(Edited version Made Public October 2021)
Facebook art page https://www.facebook.com/CorinaDuyn
Youtube channel (tuition videos are not public as yet) https://www.youtube.com/user/flyingonlittlewings
Corina Duyn © 2019 www.corinaduyn.com
Introduction and general information for your course:
- Please read: Introduction and general guidelines in the 7 page document on ISSUU:
- For a glimpse into my [previous] Little Wings Studio: https://youtu.be/s7Oa8-0lKgk (1.47)
- Important Sanding instructions: https://youtu.be/yke3zQgZ3d8 (2.04)
Sculpting the Head
The videos and ISSUU documents are interchangeable between using glass eyes and creating sculpted eyes. I suggest you watch, and read both at each step of the sculpting process. The (2.04) indicate length of the videos Please make sure to watch the Youtube videos in HD
- Introduction; creating the base; sculpting the features; sculpted eyes; and alternative suggestion to add the head to a bust (in stead of making it into a puppet), 25 page document on ISSUU: https://issuu.com/littlewings/docs/making_the_head
- Starting the base of Head https://youtu.be/YUlf1zsD6X0 (10.08)
- Building up the face- (glass eyes) https://youtu.be/EvZbDlTKzHA (8.04)
- Building up the face- (sculpted eyes) https://youtu.be/R6FltP40F8w (7.26)
- Nose, lips (and eyebrows for puppet with glass eyes) https://youtu.be/b782Lj-t9TI (13.57)
- Sculpted eyes, and adding cheeks: https://youtu.be/zJ8-EYmFJek (11.05)
- Adding features & ears: https://youtu.be/5WlXQAozgzE (15.57)
- Finishing the head and neck: https://youtu.be/CYGp2X4jdKU (3.10)
Hands and Feet:
The videos and ISSUU books are interchangeable I suggest you watch, and read both at each step of the sculpting process. The (2.04) indicate length of the videos. Please make sure to watch the Youtube videos in HD
- Introduction and instructions on sculpting Hands and Feet in 23 Page document on ISSUU: https://issuu.com/littlewings/docs/hands_and_feet
- Sculpting “Easy Hands”: https://youtu.be/ElKWN_IOCjs (4.42)
- Sculpting Detailed Hands (1) base/fingers: https://youtu.be/wq9dH_cYKYs (17.3)
- Sculpting Detailed Hands (2) detailing: https://youtu.be/ANHqP5-ncRM (9.22)
- Sculpting the base for Feet/shoes: https://youtu.be/kGmY-hwtw-8 3.41
Body and Cross
- Introduction and instruction on wooden puppet body and cross, and how to animate your puppet, 23 Page document on ISSUU: https://issuu.com/littlewings/docs/puppet_body_and_cross
- See design of body used in the course below
- Assembling the wooden body https://youtu.be/ALjK0WxLnIM (8.14)
- Assembling puppet and cross, adding strings, and stringing up https://youtu.be/vOV235Tu4q8 (15.31)
- Animating your puppet https://youtu.be/cby6fJ9N6es (5.50)
- Alternative cross https://youtu.be/fg5p77Aa_ZY (1.08)
Painting and clothing/hair suggestions:
- Introduction to painting the clay parts, and some suggestions on clothing and hair styles; 13 Page document on ISSUU: https://issuu.com/littlewings/docs/painting_and_clothing
- Painting: https://youtu.be/RE4VdXNVWXI (21.08)
- Painting sculpted in eyes: https://youtu.be/qdHc-rZR7Ok (10.24)