Energy was low, pain was high. A day of rest and a few doses of painkillers made it possible to go.
So glad I made it, as this monthly gathering is high on my agenda.
The sharing of words, stories, poems, and written plays are wonderful.
To get us started I had brought a box of 'magnetic fridge poetry words'.
I asked everyone to take handful of them out of the box and try to create a sentence or quote from them.
Here are a few results:
- his cheery cherry tempest won't splash but shall float
- maybe my gentle splendid nephew slumber
- absent harmony can ignite corrupt idol- an interrupted fortress in manic melody - marry you?- our loveless hideous eclipse
- milky silent raindrops can cloak a swirling sultry malice
- did sleek cat who consume deluge cream flatter my faint golden sunburst
- smoke-river-tumbling- around together
- ignore desire and we have spring orange colour (this was my draw from the box
The night ended with a read-through of a historical play in the making.
A big thank you my fellow writers for a wonderful night of words.