Friday, February 3, 2017

gratitude

The blessings for which we hunger are not to be found in other places or people. These gifts can only be given to you by your self. They are at home at the heart of your soul.

John O’Donohue Anam Cara



Although my body was screaming at me from physical pain as a result of the journey,  my energy depleted, where if felt that my head had been slowly screwed off my body, where my brain seemed to have been dis-assembled and put into disarray, the overwhelming feeling I was experiencing was that of Gratitude.

Arriving at my destination I was greeted by John, who has supported me throughout my previous visits here. I had arrived into the warmth of Dzogchen Beara.

Grateful that my beloved room 4 - my palace room - (larger than my livingroom-kitchen and study combined) was ready for me, even though we arrived at lunchtime. All my requirements were taken care of. I was able to rest within minutes of arrival.

After a rest and a cup of tea with staff Christine, I took ownership of the recliner in the conservatory of my room. I felt such gratitude to be here.

Gratitude towards the people who build this centre
The thoughts behind it.
The design
The care.

Gratitude towards the IWA bus driver Gerry
For getting me here safely.

Gratitude that illness
In it's own peculiar way
Brought me to this stunning place.

Gratitude to rest in the recliner
And look out at the cliffs
The sea
Hear the aliveness of the wind
And the waves crashing against the rocks

Gratitude.

Illness brought me
This unexpected gift
The gift of gratitude.

Gratitude quote. Illness brought the unexpected gift of gratitude


See yesterday's post for links to Dzogchen Beara. Or their website www.dzogchenbeara.org

Be well my friends.

No comments: