Saturday, May 20, 2017

Photography

I love, 
LOVE
taking photos...


My camera is most of the time within reach. On the table, where I spend a lot of the time looking out the window, watching the birds and the world go by.
sparrow feeing its young sitting on a window box
sparrow feeing its young

I have a good camera, a Canon  EOS 1200D. The camera is heavy, especially when I attach the telephoto lens to it. BUT this lens can bring the world closer - in times when I can't get to the place I like to photograph. They are my 'legs' in a way.

I tried to film with this camera too, but my arms don't stay steady long enough, so after a year of research (and driving everyone demented with my for- and- against arguments) I purchased an iPhone.  And I must say, it does take brilliant photographs and is very easy to use in terms of filming.

Yesterday I was getting my Canon camera ready to bring to the family reunion in Holland.
I saw a sparrow feeding its young, I grabbed my camera, put the telephoto lens on it to capture that very moment of daddy feeding its offspring.
Glorious.
sparrow about to feed its young sitting on a window box
sparrow feeding its young
But I had great difficulty holding my camera. My right arm stayed weak from a very long time afterward. That almost brought me to tears.
If I bring my camera to Holland, I probably need to bring the (lightweight)  tripod too. And that is all too much to bring, so... I probably just bring the iPhone.

This experience brought me to share with you how I made an attachment to my wheelchair which can hold the phone. I can take pictures, or videos without having to hold it. I don't even have to reach up, as I can take pictures using the remote shutter release by connecting the headphones cable and pressing the + or - volume button.

To make my 'devise' I used a selfie-stick, bought at Dealz  (discount store) for €1.50, and a few strips of Velcro.
That is all!



homemade smart phone attachment for wheelchair
homemade smart phone attachment for wheelchair
homemade smart phone attachment for wheelchair
three strips of Velcro to secure the stick
homemade smart phone attachment for wheelchair
hands off smart phone connection for
wheelchair
iphone on selfie stick with the  headphones connected. the volume button functions as a remote shutter release.
iphone on selfie stick with the
headphones connected.
the volume button functions as a
remote shutter release.

No comments: