Well I DID bake a cake, a sugar free one, and will gladly share the recipe with you.
Just before you think this is a 'too big a job', I can assure you, this is a very easy cake to make!
... and... the sugar free recipe doesn't stop sugar lovers from enjoying this cake.
Corina's (Sugar Free) Apple Cake.
- 8 ounces white flour *
- 2 teasp. baking powder
- 2 teasp. speculaas kruid (which is a Dutch mixed cookie spice)- or a mixed cookie-spice
- 3 to 4 ounces of butter or margarine
- 4 ounces of sultanas
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of apple concentrate. (equivalent of 3 ounces of sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup soyamilk, or ricedream (or cows milk if you prefer)
- 2 apples cut into small pieces
( *you can also use gluten free flour, but in this case increase the amount of baking powder to 2 and 1/2 teaspoon and add more liquid)
- Sieve flour and, baking powder, and spice into mixer bowl
- add butter/margarine and mix until the consistency resembles course cornmeal
- by hand: mix in (sugar), raisins, apple
- mix egg with half the milk, and add the apple concentrate
- mix this with dry ingredients to create a wet-tish dough that easily falls of the knife
- put into greased and floured 2lb loaf tin and level on top.
- bake in centre of oven 350-375F or gas 4, for 1 hour.
- Eat and enjoy!