Friday, August 9, 2019

Garden make-over to create accessible garden

Garden makeover

A few images of the Before - and After of my garden transformation.
Trust me - there was an awful lot of 'in-between'

Must say, I am proud to have orchestrated this change and am very grateful for ALL the help received. Too many to mention all here, but you know who you are. My deepest gratitude.

I spend hours looking at images, making a scaled plan, designing layout and the corner seat. I watched garden programs on Netflix when I got frustrated that I couldn't actually do the work myself. The future (possible) need for wheelchair ramps from backdoor and into studio have been taken into account in my design.
A lot of materials, slabs from the garden, paint, plants etc were re-used, or moved.

A few more things to finish, like painting the house, some other walls to finish painting, cushion for seat etc. but my goodness, what a beautiful peaceful garden is has become. 
I can now go safely and easily around my garden on foot or in my wheelchair. There is a lot less actual gardening to do, and much more time to just rest and watch and listen to the birds.


spring 2019

(spring photo of a few years ago)

Trilled with ALL the help 

   
what it became,  summer 2019




Studio painted with a green 'wash' (left over bedroom paint)


My once very much beloved greenhouse had to go too. A big decision, but the space it created is just wonderful. It has gone to another good home.



 


Shed wall is a lot more pleasing on the eye too!




The icing on the cake - a wonderful corner seat where the bins used to be. Created by Joop and Adrian Duyn

view from my corner seat - and 'boardwalk'















 Even the garden entrance at side of house had a face lift. Amazing what can be achieved with a 'bit' of creative thinking, wood, bamboo and a pot of paint.


Trilled!




2 comments:

Char | ChronicallyHopeful.com said...

It looks lovely! I'm so glad you had so much help to turn your garden into an oasis for you.

Corina Duyn said...

Thank you.

Slow, slow reply.
Apologies.

I love my garden and look forward to spendig time in it this year now all is done (well, a garden is never done.. )

Be well