Over the past few months I had the fortune to have my creative work interpreted by fellow artists, writers, and a musician: Michael Harding, Nuala O’Conner, Sister Stanislaus Kennedy, Emma Windsor and Jeroen Niesten. As well having my work highlighted in an 'Meet the Artist’ interview on Arts & Disability Ireland, and Instagram takeover of their page.
|One of my Shadow images reflecting on Life with M.E.|
* Reflections on ME through Puppetry:
In February I had a long Skype conversation with Emma Windsor from Puppet Place in Bristol about my work on ‘Invisible Octopus’. Due to Covid-19 the resulting podcast didn’t come about until May.
Around the same time Arts & Disability Ireland invited me to showcase my work on their website under the ‘Meet the Artist’ series. They also invited me to take over their Instagram account for 3 days - 12 posts to share my work, and thoughts behind it.
A friend from my primary school in Holland, Jeroen Niesten created a piece of guitar music to an abstract of my edited ‘Invisible Octopus’ Poem. He sang my words. Oh my goodness.
- Click HERE for the (25 minute) podcast created by Emma Windsor of Puppet Place.
- See HERE to read the ‘Meet the Artist’ Profile on Arts & Disability Ireland
- See HERE , and the following 12 posts on Arts & Disability Instagram page
- See HERE for the music and voice by Jeroen Niesten (1.5 min) ‘Short Flight’ with my lyrics and shadow images.
|12 posts on Arts & Disability Instagram page|
|Attacked by ‘Invisible Octopus’|
Still from video Image © Corina Duyn 2020
As part of this year’s ME Awareness Day in May,
organised by ME Advocates
Ireland which for obvious reasons can only proceed
online, weI asked three Irish writers to reflect on my poems from Into the Light
Michael Harding, Sr.Stan and Nuala O’Connor
reflected on my writing and life life with M.E., the Covid-19 situation and
hoping to ‘not be left behind’
after life turns to some normality for the majority of people.
- Click HERE for a short 5 minute
compilation video with contributions by Michael Harding, Sr. Stan and Nuala O’Connor.
individual recording, please see links below the images
- For individual recording, please see links below the images