Tuesday, May 8, 2012

MEme

Ever heard of a Penguin, having it's own Blog... well, you have now!


A decade after I send my "Alter Ego" MEme (M.E. - me) into the world, I have finally found a way to bring her most entertaining and at times educational diaries to other readers. 
A blog! See MEme's Travel Blog

In 1998 I became ill with the chronic and debilitating illness M.E. (in the US called CFS). 
Within a very short space of time, I became more or less housebound.
Stuck in bed and wishing to visit my friends in their homes, I came up with the idea to send a 'representative' to them. First I thought to use one of my Artist Dolls, but these would be to big and to fragile to send by post. As I liked penguins at the time and had this cute little one, I settled to have her as my 'alter-ego'. (I did check with my friends if sending my alter-ego into the world would be a good thing to do, or had I truly lost my mind at this stage....)
Well the rest is history, as they say.

MEme started her travels on the 8-8-2001 and travelled for many years, (and has great plans for more adventures). On her blog I will share with you abstracts of pages written, and photographs taken, by very brave and creative friends and family.
Thank you all of you who participated. 
When the diaries landed in my house again, I truly felt that I DID go on a holiday and that I was looking at my holiday snapshots.
Hours of fun!


If you'd like to read the updates of her travels, please be sure to sign up as a follower on her MEme's very own Travel Blog


ps... As always it is lovely to know that you stopped by to read my musing and follow my creative adventures. It would make my day if you leave a comment... preferably here, on the blog... (am not on FB at present). 
Many thanks & Lots of love Corina

1 comment:

addon said...

Wonderful work Corina - I greatly admire you for this!

Take care
Adam