Saturday, December 3, 2011

Creative adventures

ConePuppet 'Pascale'
© Corina Duyn '11             
One of the puppets I used to make in the Fantasy Folk range before becoming ill with M.E., were "ConePuppets".
When friends came to visit my new studio, my very first ConePuppet from about 18 years ago (?) was lying on the table. A bit battered by time, and nibbled on by mice when in storage in a friends garage.
Still the interactive wonder did not stop over time.

I was encouraged to make them again. I did.
I managed to make three puppets to bring to the Tallow Christmas Market last Sunday. I only had one night to acquaint myself with my new "babies" as all three are already sold.

The first to go was the one on the left here. The puppet was handled like a baby. Precious. The cone cradled in one hand, the head slowly pushes up with the stick.
ConePuppets 'Pascale', 'Wendy' and 'Phyllis',
A happy bunch
© Corina Duyn '11
The interaction I saw develop in front of me was one of love, of healing. Watching this filled my heart with  awe. With complete appreciation, and gratitude towards the buyer of this puppet, and towards my own creative being.
I was overwhelmed that something that I had created can have such a powerful affect on another person. I felt and feel that I am on the right track.

The day after, I also realised how significant this puppet is for my own healing. It is a kind of "coming out", a re-emerging into the world, but still having the protection of the cone.
My friend Spark made the connection with my egg images. True.
Also the movement of the puppet is significant- I think. I still have the desire to be free in my body, to move freely.

Artist Tamsin Bending made a little video of the puppets. See here

These puppets are also the start of teaching again. Of sharing what I've learned. I've decided to work on a one-to-one basis. See Classes. The"pupil" can choose a project to work on and I'll guide them through the process. I have classes booked and more interest on the way.
What a journey I have already made since the creation of my beloved studio.

If you would like to order a puppet of your own, please go to my shop. I will put your name down for the next one to be made. All are originals, so I can't promise what it will look like in advance... Or give someone a Gift Voucher so that they can choose a doll, book or ...

On another note. It is nearly Christmas and to me Books are a wonderful gift to give and receive. With this in mind I have some offers, see Books. No postage to anywhere in the world; A "stocking-filler" pack of 5 Flying on Little Wings books, and most importantly I will donate 10% of proceeds to Focus Ireland ( a registered charity that works to prevent people becoming, remaining or returning to homelessness.) Offer valid until 24 December '11

Thanking you all for your support over the year(s).
Lots of love
Corina


ps... As always it is lovely to know that you stopped by to read my musing and follow my creative adventures. It would make my day, if you leave a comment... preferably here, on the blog...?
Many thanks & Lots of love
Corina

No comments: