Friday, October 1, 2010

Day... lost count, twenty one and twenty two!

The saying goes, 'if you do something for 21 days, it becomes a habit'
So, blogging and the new wellness regime must be a habit by now, although I didn't get to write yesterday, as I was away!

Mariela brought my Dutch cousin Ton, who is visiting for a few days, and myself to visit my brother in Kenmare. A two hour journey by car... I settled into the backseat and 'rested' when I could. Arriving in Kenmare, we went for 'coffee and treats' before taking little stroll/scoot around town.
My brother had lunch ready, and brought the three of us into the mountains along the coast to visit a bronze-age stone-circle.
I was deposited at O'sullivan's bar at the pier in Kilmackaloque, while the others went for their hike up the mountains.
For once, I didn't mind not being able to partake in this pursuit, as I very much valued my time alone at this glorious spot.
I sat in this ancient bar, and looked through the open door at the mountains rising up from the bay. I wrote...
...and went for a walk.

I wondered what it would be like to spend a few days in the beautiful desolate location and focus solely on writing. No distractions other than the sea, the seagulls, a few tourists, and the boats coming in with fresh salmon and mussels.
cousin Ton and me

No comments: