Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day Thirty One- There or Here?

A late blog today...

Anyway, I was writing in O'Sullivan's bar at the pier in Kilmackillogue about a week ago and wondered if I could work better on my writing, 'here' or 'there'.

It suddenly dawned on me that there is only one letter in the difference... T here...
Yet these words bring about hugely diverse thoughts and emotions.

Here, was at home where I was stuck between four walls for a long time, and at that time There was where I wanted to be.
In terms of that afternoon in the pub, Here was in that gorgeous utterly remote setting oozing with character, and a quiet place to write.
There would be home...

Confused?
I am!

Especially when I looked up both words in the dictionary. The first description of each word are pretty much the same... but they are not!

There: In, at, or to that place or position.
Here: In, or at, or to this place of position

(according the Oxford Concise English Dictionary)

There or here

Ps, I actually set out to write about the movie Julie & Julia, but I will leave that for another day.

Sweet dreams




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can wait to see what you write about Julie/Julia