Tuesday, February 7, 2017

learning, always learning.

Your soul knows to geography of your destiny...
John O'Donohue

Yesterday I met with three wonderful ladies of the Castletownbere readers group. A first to find myself in a pub at 11am on a Monday morning! For tea mind you.

A lovely chat about books, art, writing, illness, wellness, sharing, empowerment, and stepping out of my cocoon- my shell.

Back 'home' I was wrecked. Happy. In pain. Elated. Exhausted. Proud. Full of questions. Questions on where I am in my healing and my creative life. Is there something I am not 'seeing' Where I am heading? Who am I? How do I safely step out of my 'shell' and face the world?

In preparation for my week here I had saved a few quotes by Irish mystic John O'Donohue from his book  Anam Cara on my iPad. Last night I read some, and this one stuck out:

"Your identity was not offered for your choosing. In other words, a special destiny was prepared for you. But you were also given freedom and creativity to go beyond the given, to make a new set of relationships and to forge an ever new identity, inclusive of the old but not limited to it. This is the secret pulse of growth, quietly at work behind the outer facade of your life. Destiny sets the outer frame of experience and life; freedom finds and fills its inner form. 

It is in the depths of your life that you will discover the invisible necessity which has brought you here. When you begin to decipher this, your gift and giftedness come alive. Your heart quickens and the urgency of living rekindles your creativity."

 Anam Cara, John O’Donohue, P -113

Crawling (back) into bed at night, I picked up one of the books I had brought with me but had not yet opened. 'The Art of Effortless Living by Ingrid Bacci. I only read two and a half pages. A story about a waking dream, about a journey going into the self. The need to be alone.

"It is a journey into the soul - a journey that leads out of role-playing and our dependence on a social persona into becoming fully oneself, embracing one's inner destiny. 

 I had a peaceful night sleep.

No comments: