Monday, September 12, 2011

Dress Rehearsal

"Dress-Rehearsal"
Plants wrapped up to
protect against the wood preservative being painted
on the wood.
A heavy shower of rain made the
newspaper wrapping open up to look like a dress...
Well it's been a while since I showed up at my own blog. To be honest my energy went to the completion of my studio "The Garden Room" but alas, I'm not in there yet. "All on good time", I keep telling myself. "Be in the moment" is another frequent thought, and "don't fret about it". Hard to do, I must admit.

My dream of a few months ago is making slow progress. But there is progress, and I know it will get done. I also know with absolute certainty that I will love it when I can sit in this gorgeous space and look out over my garden, be closer to it than from anywhere in my house. That I will enjoy the light streaming in, the warmth, and to have a creative space where I can leave my 'things' after a creative adventure and not have to clear the table every time.
I do count myself lucky to have my Garden Room to look forward to.

You know what I look forward to the most?
To share my creativity with others. That really is my biggest dream.
Years ago I used to give Doll and Puppet making classes, but obviously had to give that up when I became ill. Over the years I received letters from people who knew my work and asked if I was still teaching.
I will be! See  Classes for more.
Classes will be very much on a one to one basis, or possibly a group of up to 3 people, and not a whole day, or even more than 2 hours. But... but the fact that I can share my creativity with others again is something that fills my heart with warmth.

Sharing brings a smile to my face.

Sometimes sharing creativity comes in a different way.
Last week I received a message on Facebook from a young man in his early teens. He had read Flying on Little Wings and told me "that it was a great experience for him". This is wonderful to hear, of course.  What is even more wonderful is that it has inspired him to start writing his own book. He posted me a handwritten copy of the first chapter. The book is dedicated to me.
This fills me with gratitude, purely for the fact that my writing/creativity has sparked the confidence in a young lad to write. A bonus greater than money can buy.
Creative work can honestly take on it's own life and for that I am forever grateful.


I also look forward to work with children in my studio. Again on a very small scale. Guiding them to create their own story, either in words, images, sculptures, whatever is right for that child.


For now, I am in a kind of dress rehearsal time I suppose. Getting ready for the real thing! 
As I don't seem to be doing much writing, I thought I'll create some blank notebooks for other to fill!  




Dress rehearsal also in terms of healing. The being in the now and taking each moment as is it, good or more challenging, is a work in progress. I will write a separate post about this at a later stage.

For now, dress rehearsals continue, and so does the completion of my beloved Garden Room. (Work being done as I am writing!)

Further reading:
Further info about the Doll and Puppet making classes, see Classes.
To order your own copy of Flying on Little Wings see here
For more images of the Handmade notebooks and how to order see here
Healing thoughts and progress see here

3 comments:

Cynthia Hanna said...

Hi Corina! Discovered you via the Creative for a Second group on FB. I'm living with fibro & assorted other disabilities and love connecting with others who are using creativity to infuse their lives with positives, with healing, with hope. I've read a few of your posts and love your writing and your spirit! Sending you gentle hugs in appreciation...

Corina Duyn said...

Thank you Cynthia
Welcom to my worl on Little Wings! Always enjoy hearing/reading how other people use their creativity to heal, and live a positive life.
If you have a blog/website yourself, please let me know and I'll add it to my linkss list.
Also, please be sure to sign up to stay in touch.

Best wishes and lots of creative energy sending your way.
Corina

Cynthia Hanna said...

Corina, I'm following you on Google now, so will be able to keep track of your posts!

I've had a blog since mid-April and I'm hoping to get to the point where I'm posting regularly. I'd love for you to visit :) It's http://creativeartitudes.blogspot.com

Cynthia