For those of you who have followed the progress of my studio (The Garden Room) well...
as the walls are now painted, and I spend a few days varnishing the paneling, and painting of the window frame, I felt it was time to move in. I simply couldn't wait any longer!
Some jobs remain to be done to finish the studio for real, but... I'm in!
The table, which I had planned to go by the window, simply looked 'out of place' there.
Excitedly, I rang Jane to share the idea that had formulated in my brain... a window seat... made from an existing shelf unit. She brought it in; it looked promising, but needed a wider seat.... The following day we used floorboards-offcuts to do just that, and glued a layer of foam on top of it.
On Sunday, I made a few covers. The colourful one is tacked onto the seat and is allowed to get dirty with clay- paint- or whatever else will be used in the studio.
The seat will double as a seat to work from and...
... a seat to relax on. The views of my garden are inspiring and restful.
After I finished making the covers, I rested on my new window seat, listened to music and felt HAPPY.
Robert is not quite sure about this new space.
He's not that great with change...