Saturday, March 25, 2017

Raw Energy Balls with roasted seeds

Raw Energy Balls

 Dairy, sugar & gluten free, made with cocao, date paste and roasted seeds.
Raw energy balls with roasted seeds

To make the date paste, soak:
  • 12 dates in about 40 ml of water for about ten minutes
Add:
  • 3 unsulphured apricots 
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
Blend in a food processor- (or nutribullet which is what I used)  into a smooth paste

Mix together in a bowl:
  • 60 grams of the  Date paste (which might not be all the paste you made...)
  • 70 grams of ground seeds
    • I roasted Hemp, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds in a dry pan heavy bottomed pan- separately - until they start to pop. It gives a nicer nutty flavour. Watch out that they don't burn though!
    • I used the nutribullet to grind them into a "flour"
    • You can just use raw ground seeds too, if you prefer
  • 20 grams of pumping seeds
  • 15 grams of chia seeds
  • 18 grams of raw cocoa
  • Add a little more paste it the dough is too dry - or
    •  you can add a tablespoon of melted coconut oil

Take a generous teaspoon of dough and roll it with your hands into small balls. 
I made 13, but it is up to you what size you like to make them.

I rolled some in ground almond seeds. Just to have a choice of two varieties.

Put them on a sheet of baking paper and store in the fridge.


And then ... I scraped the deliciously sticky mixture of my hands with my teeth.
A new version of "licking the cake-spoon'!

Enjoy!

I certainly did.

Further reading
  • Other wheat, sugar and dairy free recipes, see here  Bread, cakes, muffins...



No comments: