Raw Energy Balls
Dairy, sugar & gluten free, made with cocao, date paste and roasted seeds.
|Raw energy balls with roasted seeds|
To make the date paste, soak:
- 12 dates in about 40 ml of water for about ten minutes
- 3 unsulphured apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
Mix together in a bowl:
- 60 grams of the Date paste (which might not be all the paste you made...)
- 70 grams of ground seeds
- I roasted Hemp, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds in a dry pan heavy bottomed pan- separately - until they start to pop. It gives a nicer nutty flavour. Watch out that they don't burn though!
- I used the nutribullet to grind them into a "flour"
- You can just use raw ground seeds too, if you prefer
- 20 grams of pumping seeds
- 15 grams of chia seeds
- 18 grams of raw cocoa
- Add a little more paste it the dough is too dry - or
- you can add a tablespoon of melted coconut oil
Take a generous teaspoon of dough and roll it with your hands into small balls.
I made 13, but it is up to you what size you like to make them.
I rolled some in ground almond seeds. Just to have a choice of two varieties.
Put them on a sheet of baking paper and store in the fridge.
And then ... I scraped the deliciously sticky mixture of my hands with my teeth.
A new version of "licking the cake-spoon'!
I certainly did.
- Other wheat, sugar and dairy free recipes, see here Bread, cakes, muffins...
Post a Comment